The setting will:
- Be set in the actual 19th century as a starting point.
- Be set on Earth. Countries and cities will conform to real world historical cities and countries.
- Have a divergent history from our own.
- Have devices running on steam and mechanics instead of electricity and electronics.
- Have actual magic. System needs to be discussed.
- Include some discussion on Victorian values (slightly updated, but recognizable).
The setting will not:
- Have fantasy races. In my opinion they don't fit with a believable Victorian aesthetic and serve no real purpose except sell the game to die hard fantasy fans.
- Be set on a pseudo-Earth. Serves no purposes, except increasing the amount of detail that has to be created.
- Feature regular trips to other planets. If I want to do that, I can play Space 1889.